Marginal Boundaries is pleased to announce our Beyond Boundaries Photo Contest for 2011. Featuring pictures of places, people, cultures and food from around the world, the contest is designed to showcase the beauty of the world we live in and expose readers to cultures and parts of the world they might never have seen before.
This is the perfect opportunity for you to share your journeys with fellow readers from around the world, plus have a chance to put some extra goodies in your pocket just before the holidays. We know how difficult the economic times are for some people, and this is our way of giving back to the dedicated readers and followers who are a part of the Marginal Boundaries community as we continue to grow towards the official “public” unveiling of the brand in January, 2012.
- First Place – $100 gift certificate for Amazon.com along with a free copy of the Live Like a Local in Cancun, Mexico guide from Marginal Boundaries (or a guide of your choosing according to the terms and conditions listed at the end of this post).
- Second Place – $50 gift certificate for Amazon.com along with a free copy of the Live Like a Local in Cancun, Mexico guide from Marginal Boundaries (or a guide of your choosing according to the terms and conditions listed at the end of this post).
- Third Place – Free copy of the Live Like a Local in Cancun, Mexico guide from Marginal Boundaries (or a guide of your choosing according to the terms and conditions listed at the end of this post).
As our current readers know, Marginal Boundaries is dedicated to sharing cultural experiences and spreading cultural awareness to prove just how marginal the boundaries on modern maps really are. The contest is focused on sharing pictures and stories from places around the world to bring us all closer together. It can be a local photo or one you took while adventuring somewhere in the world. The contest will take place entirely on our Facebook page, with photos being uploaded to the page on a daily basis and then voted on by the readers between November 21st and November 30th. The top 3 photos with the most “Likes” by the end of the contest will walk away with the winnings.
- Submit your favorite personal photo along with a short description of it (maximum 250 words) to email@example.com. It can be of any person, place or thing in the world, with the focus of the contest being a chance to share your particular corner of the world, or some area that you have personally visited in the past and think is special enough to share with our readers.
- Click the “Like” button on our Facebook page. Only official members of the Marginal Boundaries community are eligible for winnings.
- Share the information about the contest with your friends, family and everyone you know and have them head on over to the Facebook page to “Like” your photo! The more “Likes” your photo has, the better your chances of winning! Plus, it helps our community grow and work towards our goal of 500+ members on the Facebook page by January of 2012. The more the merrier
Note: You must own the copyright to the photo and need to provide a valid email address along with your name or we cannot mail the gift certificates out. Only one photo submission per person is allowed. Only official members of the Marginal Boundaries Facebook page are eligible for winnings. The cut-off for “Liking” a photo is midnight, November 30th, 2011, Central Standard Time. Winners will be announced December 1st, 2011. The gift certificates will be sent out via email between December 1st and December 5th, along with a download link for your digital copy of the Cancun guide.
Also, if your preference is for one of our other guides for Sofia, Bulgaria or Bogota, Colombia and you are willing to wait until January of 2012 to claim the guidebook, you can substitute the Cancun, Mexico guide for one of your choosing.